summer life: a catalogue
currently I listen to: The Unforgettable Fire by U2
So I've been a terrible blogger, but I want to attempt to blog more regularly again, and actually make something of this blog, because I want to really try to highlight and focus on my writing skills in the next few months or year. I need to set goals for myself, and I have realized that I'm probably not cut out to be an organizer, but writing comes so much more naturally to me, so I need to get over the silly obstacles to writing better, more frequently, more visibly.
Today was:
a long walk in the heat with Sarah to Trader Joe's where I bought nothing, because their decaf fair trade coffee was not actually cheaper than Whole Foods'. But we discovered a flaw in TJ's-- they don't have cold bottled juices/teas/etc that people can buy to drink right away. major impulse buy opportunity they are missing out on!
Lunch at a sushi place really near my house with Abby. great to chat with her. And a brief stop into Petsy Pies which is also near my house, but I have surprisingly never been to. And it turns out they have free wifi.
Listening to my sister coach my niece through crapping on the potty while I was on the phone.
Hanging out with Sarah and Lexi in our semi-sweltering yet fan-laden living room.
Finding out that a friend's relative is safe and sound after a very scary ordeal.
Accidentally picking and eating the first tomato from my first ever tomato plant! I love sungolds!
Transplanting a bunch of herbs and tomatoes that I had started from seed indoors. I know it's kind of late to be doing that. A bunch of sweat bees kept hanging out in the soil in a container I was trying to plant into-- the whole thing took me much longer, because I kept being afraid the bees would attack me and waiting for them to leave. They never did and I eventually grew some balls and just put the plant and more soil in while they continued buzzing around it. The world did not end.
Walking in a soaking thunderstorm to someone's house nearby - it was utterly refreshing even though I had just taken a shower.
Indoor picnic of Sarah's yummy pasta salad.
Hearing that two wonderful friends might live together next year.
Stirfry and baking cookies in the sweltering heat.
Learning that an old, dear friend has temporarily encountered a stumbling block and her quest to [temporarily] eat a vegetarian diet.
Finding Sarah's AMAZING post about my recommendation for kale chips!!
Apparently she won a Weblog Award for the post- lovely :)
Apparently Ted Kennedy flew to DC today to vote on the Medicare bill, which passed. I have not been reading much news of late, so I will have to investigate what exactly was in the Medicare bill.
Here's to it all and a good day at work tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment