"Our agro-food system knowingly shortens the lives of the poorest in our communities." -Dr. Peter Walker

11.11.2006

also.....we won! yay! I've had just a wee bit of spring in my step since Tuesday night, and especially since Thursday when George Allen miraculously conceded defeat. I though this day would come, but not so soon. Just when I turn away from politics and marginally stop caring, hope is restored.

And this was my election voting non-absentee for a non-school board vote. Which was rather less exciting in this great Commonwealth, because we have paper ballots here, unlike the lever-style voting machines of my youth in New York.

My sister and I had a discussion, agreeing that more people would vote if the levers were used everywhere, because well... it's just cooler. Or at least it feels cooler and more part of something.

I didn't even get to play around with hanging chads here, only black markers to fill in scantron-like bubbles at the polling place which was, excitingly, a mere 2 blocks from my apt.Yay for the People's Republic of Cambridge and our 87% of the vote that went to our Rep. Michael Capuano. And Yay for the taking back of America. I think Howard Dean was just a few years before his time...

No comments: