"Our agro-food system knowingly shortens the lives of the poorest in our communities." -Dr. Peter Walker

2.23.2007

Inspiration

It's amazing how much sun and warmth affect my ability to be inspired and interested in the outside. Or to see the glass as half full, how much the cold and winter make me dwell on my own problems and necessities. In the past 72 hours of temperatures above 40 F, I have cooked my 2nd pot of lentils ever, gone to the gym twice, and started most of my homework for next week. Oddly enough the latter two are the astounding feats to anyone who knows me. Hopetfully this kick will continue.

Other moments of inspiration include when I pass by Ben Shahn's work quoting Maimonides (pictured at left) each time I walk to the Tufts Hirsch Health Sciences Library.

And finally, I have sung Psalm 118 Verse 22:
אֶבֶן, מָאֲסוּ הַבּוֹנִים-- הָיְתָה, לְראשׁ פִּנָּה , a thousand times during Hallel but somehow never knew that it was the meaning behind the Bob Marley lyric, literally translated "The stone which the builders rejected is become the chief corner-stone." Special Blog Points to the first person who can name the Bob Marley song. cuz, you know, so many people read this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love ben shahn

p.s. you should see what happens to your general state of happiness when the weather reaches almost 70!