In an effort to improve the academic/profesionally-related content of my blog, I've neglected to post about my life for a while.
Things have been quite busy, between schoolwork and assorted extra-curricular involvements, teaching hebrew school, cultivating friendships in Boston, great friday night Shabbats at the Kavod House, and assorted other events.
Two weeks ago was the Labor Seder that a bunch of Kavod House folks and others organized- it was great to see my new Jewish community come out so strong- about 135 people showed up with minimal PR effort. There are some really strong labor campaigns going on here in Boston that we highlighted - I think I'm finally getting involved in a community that I feel really proud of. (Until I move again...
I stayed here for spring break and did not much of anything, but had splendid little visits from Lucy and her 2 roommates and from Gracie, who was here for an impressive conference at BC.
The following weekend (last weekend), I went home pre-Pesach and returned for this past Thursday's wonderful FOOD Symposium, which I mentioned in my previous post.
Currently doing stats homework, listening to my default selection- Idan Raichel - and eating some very yummy quinoa tabouli-ish salad that I just made with stuff that was around:
quinoa, 1/3 tomato, 1/4 cucumber, 1 celery stalk, fresh cilantro, fresh dill, feta cheese, lime juice, salt, olive oil --> yum. my new fave pesach food. would be even better with scallion or red onion.
"Our agro-food system knowingly shortens the lives of the poorest in our communities." -Dr. Peter Walker
4.08.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment