"Our agro-food system knowingly shortens the lives of the poorest in our communities." -Dr. Peter Walker

4.19.2007

sesame noodles

ok, I take back most of my previous post. I've been reading/seeing
more about this true tragedy today, as more about the shooter's
history has unfolded, and now this unbelievably crazy business about
his mailing a tape to NBC News....I've left my bubble and watched a
bit of CNN today- they've been showing lots of photos of the folks who
were killed. turns out one of my colleagues did her undergrad at VT,
and as I watched her today, I tried to imagine what this would have
been like if I were an alum.

There was definitely some insensitivity in my post earlier, but still
think the perspective needs to be maintained, remembering that the
Americans dying in Iraq are the same age as these students.


In other news, I just made the "80's Take-Out Style Sesame Noodles"
from the NYTimes that I posted on Jcarrot last week. They were soooo
amazing:


sesame noodles
Originally uploaded by dj za.