I feel like Christina Yang right now. My supervisors just went to a meeting with a staffer- I was supposed to go, but am left in the office to deal with my supervisor's computer, which she accidentally spilled tea on this morning- I'm waiting for the building management staff person to arrive with a small alan wrench so I can open up the computer and try to air it out further.
I don't really mind staying back- I understand that there is no real need for me to be at this meeting with them except for my own edumakation, and I did go to a meeting with another staffer with them this morning. But still, I feel very Christina-like, missing out on all the "fun" action, which I'm actually quite nervous about in the first place. There is also the Horticulture and Organic Agriculture subcommittee mark-up session going on right now, which I am also not at.
I'm sure I will have enough of these meetings and mark-ups next week when the Nutrition sub-committee has its mark-up session, let alone before the end of the summer.
I'm working on a post to recap the past month of hiatus from the blog, but in the meantime, here is an interesting article on Grist by Tom Philpott about some of the hypocrisy behind the Slow Food movement and its leaders: Slow Food Fight.
"Our agro-food system knowingly shortens the lives of the poorest in our communities." -Dr. Peter Walker
6.07.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment