"Our agro-food system knowingly shortens the lives of the poorest in our communities." -Dr. Peter Walker

7.02.2007

So this blog has been extremely slow of late, in part because I've been blogging at The Jew and the Carrot and US Food Policy, and in part because I've been too busy living life to blog about it (such is the nature of summer).

The exciting news is that this week I got a new camera, a Canon Powershot SD1000 Digital Elph, so I now have a fully functioning camera with re-chargeable batteries (good for the environment!) and 7.1 Mpixels (good for the eye?)!! I'm momentarily posting lots of photos from the past several months in Cambridge, DC and elsewhere.

Yesterday, I spent several hours with D & E (and E's friends) at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival, which this year is celebrating the cultures of Northern Ireland, the Mekong River and historic Virgina.




















Today, Sarah and I went canoeing on the Potomac, westbound for a short stretch from the Thompson Boat House. pictures are vaguely reminscent of 4 yrs ago Thursday with Grace and Nina...











No comments: